the gift of refreshment
See how to gift our favorite summer beverage!
GWP, the act of giving is our favorite expression of love. We love to pass on our favorite homemade traditions, especially recipes.
With temperatures rising in the summertime, one of our refreshing go-tos is lemonade. Here’s the “recipe” for giving our most loved beverage:
- Gather the ingredients and wrap them up in a
- Write a digital note on the
GWPapp, and include a link to the recipe.
- Give the gift, and you’re done! Easy gifting, with no paper wasted. And the recipient will be able to easily find the recipe in the future.
Inspire others by sharing your
GWPs and tagging us @giftgwp.
- ½ c fresh mint leaves, plus extra sprigs for garnish
- ½ c honey
- 8 c filtered water, divided
- 1.5-2 c fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Muddle the basil and mint leaves using a mortar and pestle. Alternatively, muddle the herbs in a small bowl using a muddler or the back of a wooden spoon.
- Combine the honey and half a cup of water in a small pot on the stove until the liquid just barely comes to a boil, stirring occasionally to dissolve the honey. Remove from heat.
- Pour the honey simple syrup over the muddled herbs and then allow to steep and cool at room temperature, 30 minutes and up to several hours (the longer it steeps, the more flavor it will impart).
- Strain the simple syrup into a pitcher or a quart-sized mason jar. Use a mason jar if proceeding with the sparking or cocktail variations (see notes).
- Juice 8-10 lemons until you have 1.5 to 2 cups of fresh-squeezed lemon juice. Use less for sweeter lemonade, more for a tarter lemonade. We love our electric juicer for this purpose!
- Combine the mint and basil simple syrup with the lemon juice and remaining water in a large pitcher, along with 2 cups of ice. Stir.
- Pour over ice and serve with a sprig each of mint and basil.